Interculturality Workshop for African Sisters
Around 100 religious sisters, from 9 countries in East and South Africa, deepened and learned about intercultural living. During six days (24 -29th Jan 2022), by the hand of experienced speakers, they looked at Interculturality:
- Culture, personality and their characteristics,
- the impact of Interculturality in community life and leadership,
- the intercultural journey of Jesus and the Early Church.
Looking ahead, the aim is to develop awareness, skills, and intentional intercultural living, creating new networks and resources across religious sisters, in our congregations and countries.
Here are some insightful comments from the sisters:
- Very interesting and enriching I appreciated it.
- Thank you so much. The session was do enriching. Beautiful content indeed.
- We appreciate the workshop. We find it helps us to grow.
The session was very inspiring and was an eye-opener for me. It will surely make a difference in my life, and I hope to use the knowledge and skills gained to help others.
We realized that we lived for a long time in our multicultural communities without any awareness of Interculturality. Now, we are challenged to wake up and work to close the gaps that exist between who we are and who we want to be.
We are empowered, and a lot has been presented this week. We will try our best to share with others.